Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Quick Quote From the Buddha

Of what use are words of wisdom to the man who is unwise? Of what use is a lamp to a man who is blind?

Hear the essence of thousands of sacred books: to help others is virtue: to hurt others is sin.

A man rises or does down by his own actions; like the builder of a wall, or as the digger of a well.

The narrow-minded man thinks and says: 'This man is one of us; this one is not, he is a stranger. To the man of noble soul the whole of mankind is but one family'.

--The Buddah from the Dhammaphada

2 comments:

  1. Hi John!

    Thanks for following me :) I now follow you as well! I've also added you on my blog list so that way you can get more followers...now for some advice: When I first started I literally promoted my blog everywhere - some good sites to do that are - www.goodreads.com, shelfari.com, http://bookblogs.ning.com/, and of course twitter. Also, I joined a billion book blogs, which I all love, most the time when you join their blog, they return with the love! :) Just introduce yourself and have fun meeting new bloggers, their are some great people on here! :) Or you could also e-mail a bunch of bloggers who have a great amount of followers and ask them to add you on their blog roll...okay well hope I helped, if you have any further questions please let me know, u know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words of wisdom. Congrats on your new blog, I hope it goes well. Having interviews has really helped my readership.

    Stop by and check out my blog, we can follow eachother!

    http://ellzreadz.blogspot.com/
    Elie (Ellz Readz)

    ReplyDelete